We’re not quite through the first half of 2021, but already the number one best selling kids almanac is yours to savor in NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS ALMANAC 2022. It’s a curl up in the bed kind of book or one you can take on summer travels.
The 352 pages are packed with colorful pictures, articles, games, and activities for every kid who wants to learn about this fantastic world we live in. Back again is the the Almanac Challenge. Last year the theme was reducing plastic waste. You’ll find information here about Our 2022 Awesome Ocean Almanac Challenge for kids 6-12.
The deadline is December 1. 2021 giving you plenty of time to enjoy the Almanac again and again. The book is divided into 11 sections, beginning with YOUR WORLD 2022. Of course you don’t have to begin here—start anywhere that peaks your interest. My top 5 favorites include:
- Modern day Explorers and what they are doing to bring understanding to the research they undertake in world locations like underwater caves, rainforests, and volcanoes.
- Quizzes and study skills help are offered throughout.
- Jokes and Funny Fill-ins had me laughing.
- The Science of Spooky and why some of us are afraid of heights, spiders, small spaces, clowns, or darkness.
- The cool inventions you will be seeing in the next year. I’m looking forward to having my dog try out the doggy water fountain!
I always feel smarter after reading one of these Almanacs. Family and friends are already having to put up with my “Did you know…” after something we’re watching reminds me of a story or fact from this book. Almanac 2022 last will entertain and educate far longer than one year. Highly recommended!
Blogging about middle grade books or authors next week? Join the celebration.