This new JUST JOKING title centers around the world of science. The often corny one liners are perfect time fillers for ages 7-10.
- WHY DID T-REX CROSS THE ROAD? (Because the chicken didn’t exist yet.)
- WHAT DID THE BOTANIST GET WHEN SHE CROSSED POISON IVY AND A FOUR-LEAF CLOVER? (A rash of good luck)
- WHERE DOES LIGHT GO WHEN IT BREAKS THE LAW? (To prism)
Those teasers are only 1% of the total number so expect hours to complete the whole package of guffaws. Readers will be repeating the best to family and friends.
Here’s the official description:
This hilarious new book in the kid-favorite Just Joking series-packed with 300 science-themed jokes, riddles, knock-knocks, tongue twisters, and more-is scientifically proven to leave kids laughing, chuckling, and exclaiming “Eureka!” It’s got jokes about all kinds of science stuff-kooky chemistry, funny physics, dinosaurs, space, and more-plus 10 stories of real-life scientific experiments that are so wacky you’ll hardly believe them! This book is a gut-busting party-starter or a quiet-time entertainer, great for chuckling alone or reading aloud to friends and family. It’s also perfectly portable: Toss it in a backpack or take it on the road for on-the-go giggles. The perfect read for science whizzes (and whiz wannabes), kid comedians, and laughter-lovers of all ages.
It’s not all jokes as descriptions of 10 actual experiments scientists have carried out are a welcome addition. They aren’t your normal experiments but ones with a fun set-up like…
- Do pigeons understand the human concept of good art?
- Do chimps realize when a human is imitating them?
- Is it possible to break a spaghetti noodle into two unbroken pieces?
The pages of JUST JOKING SCIENCE are full of colorful pictures. At slightly more than 6 by 6 inches, the book will for sure get passed around to family and neighbors. A true summer time treat.