Every four years National Geographic does an amazing job getting the newest volume of this iconic series out for readers. The proof comes toward the end with full coverage of the 2020 election and Inauguration that brought Joseph R. Biden to the White House. He’s the 46th President and there is much to love about this massive book. Here are my …
10 REASONS WHY I LIKED:
OUR COUNTRY’S PRESIDENTS
- The cover. It’s bold and inviting.
- The full page reproduction of each presidents’ official portrait.
- It’s organized into six historical periods with an informative timeline.
- On the page adjacent to each portrait is an essay on their background, childhood, important events while in office, and what they did after leaving the job.
- The Fact Box for each president where you’ll find their signature and an engaging set of facts. Some are rather surprising: Grover Cleveland’s nick name was Uncle Jumbo.
- The pages go further than just presenting the Presidents. Almost two dozen two-page spreads scattered throughout give information regarding U.S. History and the operation of the federal government. KIDS IN THE WHITE HOUSE and a look at the lasting influence of FORMER PRESIDENTS were my favorites. Clear, concise, and engaging.
- The four page chart with election results for every presidential race.
- More than 400 illustrations ranging from period artwork to modern photographs. They each are framed with color and a text description.
- The FIND OUT MORE page where you can extend your knowledge through the list of books, Videos/Television programs, Websites, and Place to Visit.
- At almost 2 and half pounds the book begs to be displayed. It will also serve as the go to resource for everything presidential.
My vote is in. Our Country’s Presidents is a special book and one that can be enjoyed longer than the next four years.