The end of 2016 went by so fast I didn’t have time to post my GOLDEN CUP AWARDS.
It’s not a list of favorite books, but instead recognition for my most memorable middle grade reading moments of 2016 and a giveaway!
One lucky readers will receive a $25 STARBUCKS gift card. All you have to do is post a comment stating your favorite in one of the categories (MG or otherwise) or just state a favorite book you read this past year. I’ll draw the winner on January 12th at 7 pm Eastern Time. You’ll get to fill your own cup with a favorite warm beverage to start off your new year. Good luck!
Without further delay, on to my GOLDEN CUP AWARDS:
- FAVORITE VOICE (FEMALE PROTAGONIST): Claire (FALLING OVER SIDEWAYS)
- FAVORITE VOICE (MALE PROTAGONIST):TIE PERRY (ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE PERRY T. COOK) & WAYNE KOVOK (MAYDAY)
- FAVORITE SETTING: Key West (FULL OF BEANS)
- FAVORITE CHARACTER NAME: Florian Bates (FRAMED!)
- FAVORITE OPENING LINE: The back of Kyle Hampton’s head pushes hard against my mouth, and I realize this is not how we should have been introduced. (CLAYTON STONE–FACING OFF)
- FAVORITE PARENTS: Trenton’s mom and dad (MYSTERIES OF COVE–GEARS OF REVOLUTION)
- FAVORITE COVER and TITLE:
- FAVORITE ENDING: Tie THE BEST MAN & SOAR (Tracy Edward Wymer)
- FUNNIEST and SADDEST READ: Ms. BIXBY”S LAST DAY
- FAVORITE READ-ALOUD: SOAR BY JOAN BAUER
- FAVORITE ANIMAL CHARACTER: Pax (PAX) and Dawn, Tobin, & Bismark (THE NOCTURNALS)
- FAVORITE CHARACTER FROM HISTORICAL FICTION: Lizzie (CHASING SECRETS)
- FAVORITE FRIENDSHIP: Topher, Brand, and Steve (MS. BIXBY’S LAST DAY)
- CREEPIEST CHARACTER: Dr. Fell (DR. FELL AND THE PLAYGROUND OF DOOM)
Have a safe and happy 2017 full of reading and writing.