National Geographic Kids celebrates the 10th anniversary of this iconic series with a 2020 edition sure to fill those long summer days. Eleven eye-popping chapters are filled with games, resources, cool technology, and humor. Readers will also find interviews with National Geographic explorers—ones sure to plant new career ideas.
There’s more! This edition includes the launch of the 20/20 Visionary Challenge, encouraging readers to imagine the world 10 years from now and to picture a positive change, invention, or discovery they’d like to see become reality, in whatever area interests them: animals, people, places, science, technology or beyond. Many of the ideas will appear in next year’s Almanac 2021. More can be found at the almanac web site.
Okay, enough of the formalities. Here’s a look at my ten favorite features in the Almanac:
- Meet 20 CUTEST ANIMALS of 2020 From meerkats to badgers and even a smiling squid, the images will have you smiling. The accompanying paragraphs will have you learning new things about these cuties.
- COOL INVENTIONS I loved the robot folding laundry and the umbrella that predicts the weather!
- SKY CALENDAR 2020 Pencil these dates in for a year of celestial events. I’m looking forward to October 13, 2020 and the best chance to view Mars.
- FUN AND GAMES This chapter is filled with quizzes to stump your parents, laugh out loud cartoons, and funny fill-ins.
- MEET YOUR SHARK BESTIE gets you up close and personal with these guardians of the sea.
- HURRICANE HAPPENINGS Facts and background on the weather event that receives world wide attention.
- SECRETS OF THE TITANIC presents new evidence about how the ships sank.
- GEOGRAPHY ROCKS looks at the continents and is filled with facts and amazing colorful pictures and maps.
- COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD features a flag and and general overview for 195 countries. What a great resource!
- HOMEWORK HELP are one page in-depth directions on writing a business letter, creating a wildly good animal report, or how to ace your Science Fair to name just a few that are included.
This is a must for curious children (and a few of us adults). Perfect for travel or to savor on those rare indoor days. 2020? I can’t wait!
Available in hardback or softcover, you can order your own copy here.
You can also take a chance at a great giveaway:
Coming up this Monday is another edition of…